Process Automation Engineer
OCS have a fantastic opportunity following a major investment in new Process Improvement projects. You will have a genuine chance to grow your career within a future thinking business with the prospect of further large projects already scheduled over the next 5 years, along with the chance to lead and demonstrate value.
This will suit someone who is seeking opportunity to demonstrate their process automation experience in a varied and business facing role, integrating with various divisions to deliver measurable benefits.
This project will be embarking on a major programme of technology transformation which will deliver significant new capabilities to our clients. To support this, we are looking for a technically strong Process Automation Engineer to take responsibility for the automation of elements of our business processes using a new Business Process Management (BPM) platform, Azure APIs and Logic Apps.
This role reports to the Lead Solution Architect, and is accountable for ensuring that key processes are modelled correctly, that specific steps are automated using electronic forms, workflow, business logic and integration to core applications. You will receive process models from business analysts or develop them yourself, create data models to support automated steps, create electronic forms to populate the data models, develop business logic to manage workflow and integrate process steps to Azure APIs and web services.
You will work closely with Project Managers, Enterprise & Solution Architects and external delivery partners to align the process automation activities to other project deliverables and timelines.
The base location is at our Birmingham office.
You will have:
- Experience in Business Process Modelling and Notation (BPMN) and automating business processes.
- Experience of Process Improvement and Development.
- Experience of Process Automation Platforms.
- Exposure to ITIL, CoBiT, Prince2 frameworks or similar would be an advantage.
- Exposure to IT project delivery processes and best practise.
- A track record of delivering world class automation solutions within a large, complex commercial operation where flexibility and value for money are key success factors
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Analytical approach and consistent attention to detail.
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76690919