Do you have excellent knowledge of Linux Operating Systems?
Are you looking for a new role that is both challenging and rewarding?
We are currently recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to join our dedicated team in Farnborough.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be working collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our Management Platform and component business critical tools. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations support.
You will be able to understand and take the best course of action when a critical production system has an acute problem, and pull priority and high value tasks as part of a Kanban team. Your exposure to an agile working environment is highly desirable.
People who thrive in our environment, are self-motivated, organised and want to naturally share knowledge and contribute to technical discussions and learn. With great communication skills, you will be customer-focussed and want to create and deliver value.
DevOps Engineer | Linux | Datacentre | Open Source | Elastic Search | Puppet | Ansible | Terraform | Rabbit MQ | Python | Ruby | PowerShell | Bash | Perl
- Excellent operational and administrative knowledge of Linux Operating Systems
- A strong understanding of datacentre technologies including Servers, Networks, Storage, ideally gained through an operational support background
- Proven experience with one or more Open Source tools; Elastic search, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, RabbitMQ
- Demonstrable skill in at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, Perl
- An aptitude and desire to identify and automate repeatable tasks for efficiency and accuracy
- Experience in working within a large-scale cloud or virtualised computing environment
- Experience with applications and network monitoring systems and Protective Monitoring, SIEMs or other security aligned tools
- Knowledge with RDBMS (PostGreSQL, MySQL) administration, and SQL script writing
- Experience with VMWare, Containers: Docker/Kubernetes, OpenShift,
- Administration of Atlassian tools
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in always up, always available service
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service
- Half a day birthday leave
- Charity day
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
About Our Company:
We provide an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, we are based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of over 200 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76316590