Senior Buyer - Childrenswear & Accessories
This market leading retail focused business is looking for an experienced Buyer. This business is well known within the costume, trend-led jewellery and accessories market & is an international business with global presence with over 1000 employees.
In this role you will be maximising the profitability of the brand, by developing and delivering the product range within the Childrenwear range to support the Brand strategy in order to achieve the targets. Here you will be working with Merchandising and Design to deliver a commercial range that meets the customer's needs.`
In the Buyer role, you will proactively lead the buying plan & have experience in product development.
As a Buyer your area of responsibility will be:
- Build strong relationships with wholesale clients to make sure that the range
- Develop and deliver product ranges tailored to the customer profile
- Achieve or exceed target margin and sales plans
- Working alongside the merchandiser to make sure the right product is allocated and forecasted accurately.
- Review and instigate changes to maximise profit and minimise markdown
- Utilising data to have an understanding trends and creative input and be part of the department strategy
- Putting together a well-constructed range
- Store visits - Making sure the store execution is well planned on the allocated retail store space
- As well as product development its important you are also involved in the selection from the Global assortment range
- competitor analysis & being commercially focused particularly around pricing.
- Comp Shopping
- Identify key suppliers, understanding their strengths, capabilities and weaknesses
- FE sourcing undertake trips for product development and negotiation twice per year
- Propose product, pricing and packaging trials
- Liaise with VM and Merchandising to deliver in store graphics and POS
- Manage Critical Path ensuring ranges/product offer is delivered at correct timings
- Be reactive to general trading pattern by continuously reviewing current performance
- Highlighting any risks or opportunities to Head of Buying
Experience needed in this role will include:
- You must be an established Buyer, Buying Managing or Senior Buyer from a Jewellery, fashion or childrenswear experience
- Have full accountability of a trading cycle
- Have made reactive buying decision and changes when needed
- Experienced in managing and developing junior team members
- Proven experience of building effective relationships
- Full accountable of your budgets and P& L
- Experience of working closely with a design & merchandising team
- Working towards seasonal timescales for timely development of new products from concept to launch at a high quality standard.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a market leading international business that is fast-paced and ever changing. You will be driven and proactive and be able to work in a collaborative approach. In return, the company offers generous holiday allowance, pension & flexi benefits
If you feel this role suits you and your skillset please apply today quoting the reference 103793.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76670801