Audit Manager (Internal Audit, Newcastle)
Why Choose Us?
Internal Audit is at the very heart of HMRC and we work with every area of the department providing assurance on governance, risk management and controls. We are actively brought in early to help the business design assurance into new products and processes including providing real time advice & support during development of control frameworks. We also undertake compliance audits on key controls. We are recruiting enthusiastic individuals who are keen to improve public services. We need people who bring practicality, pragmatism and customer focus to our audits. You need to be a strong influencer, a good communicator and be able to move easily between team player and audit leader as the situation requires having the ability to manage against resources and budgets.
We are looking for an experienced Audit Manager to support the delivery of assurance to the CEO/ Accounting Officer. This is an opportunity to join one of the most respected Internal Audit functions in Government. Audit Managers in HMRC work on issues that really matter, from tax settlements to tax free childcare and customs valuation to penalty regimes. The variety and importance of the work is unparalleled in Government. If you are ready for a change and have an appetite for the breadth of work this role offers, we can help you build an exceptional career in internal audit and wider HMRC/Government. You’ll be given relative autonomy to carry out your work and will have opportunity to manage your own portfolio. This role will provide you with work that is challenging, interesting and probably the most varied in government. This is an opportunity that will no doubt stand out on any CV.
- a qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant (CMIIA/CCAB/CIMA/CISA or equivalent) or have substantial experience in assurance activity.
- an excellent communicator through both written and verbal means, holding the ability to build relationships within the organisation at all levels;
- a proactive, independent thinker who can confidently express their views, having the ability to look across their work and understanding when to take audit findings and apply them more widely across the organisation;
- an effective decision maker, actively monitoring audit deliverables to ensure a high quality service, delivered to agreed time quality and resource constraints;
- have knowledge and experience of planning, managing & delivering of audit reviews within a large organisation
- experienced at leading teams – having the ability to delegate, review files and senior auditor team members’ work;
- demonstrate resilience and tact in the face of challenging circumstances
As an employer of choice, HMRC offers the following benefits:
- 22 days’ annual leave on entry, increasing to 25 after the first year, in addition to 8-10 public holidays dependent on where you live in the UK. This increases to 30 days after 10 years’ service. This will be complimented by one further paid privilege day.
- Five days of learning and development every year for all employees
- Opportunities to work flexibly that recognise the importance of a good work/life balance, including compressed hours and working from home.
- Joining the Civil Service also opens you up to a whole world of career and development opportunities across government with a range of support to help you meet your full potential.
- The Civil Service offers pension arrangements which are part of the reward package. Membership of the pension scheme offers a range of benefits that will provide financial security both in the time up to retirement and beyond.
Closing Date – 10th October
Interview Date - Week commencing 23rd October
Please do not wait until the closing date to apply as initial interviews will be conducted throughout the process.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Joy Mendoza on 0191 261 3996 or visit hays.co.uk/jobs/hmrc-gbs