We are the only professional services firm to have a dedicated, integrated Financial Services Office (FSO). In this pivotal role, you will be providing this fast growing and complex business with effective financial management and controls. You'll also be providing decision support and financial analysis to enable us to grow and develop even more.
You will assist in the financial control of a UK FSO Service Line. You will work with the Service Line Manager and Service Line Operations teams to develop a strong culture of financial awareness, commerciality and accountability. You will develop robust processes and implement and communicate these effectively, act as a role model within the team for more junior members and help to provide ownership and day to day responsibility of key tasks.
Your Key Responsibilities
You'll work with the Service Line Finance Manager to provide financial information, produce regular financial reports, annual budgets and forecasts while ensuring compliance with firm and business procedures and policies. A key part of the role will be presenting this information and analysis, ensuring it is relevant, timely, and accurate, enabling end users to make better decisions. You will work with Working Capital to gain an understanding of all related issues as well as ensuring procedures for accounts payable are adhered to.
This role requires development of effective working relationships with Operations and other key stakeholders and maintaining an overview of key business issues at all times. Delivering robust month-end process, as well as quickly understanding and communicating drivers of financial performance.
Contributing towards completion on time of the various EY Plan/Forecast/Business Planning exercises, you will also work on process improvement: helping support the wider performance improvement initiatives. Ensuring the Finance team's processes are as efficient as possible whilst constantly looking to streamline.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly organised and structured in approach to work
- Experience of working with, and helping to administer, tight processes
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good team player with proven ability to build strong relationships with key individuals in the business
- Proactive, organised and self-sufficient working style with ability to prioritise and multitask
- Customer focused and responsive with good commercial acumen / judgement
- Professional, confident, credible communicator, including the ability to connect with a group e.g. giving a training session, presenting to a large meeting
- Robust, resilient, calm under pressure
- Strong computer skills (advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Essbase, Lotus Notes) with the ability to learn the firm's systems and other data mining tools
- Receptive to change and flexible approach
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills (advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- The capacity to manipulate, analyse and interpret data from a variety of sources
- The ability to demonstrate project management experience / skills
Ideally, you'll be
- Part qualified in an accounting qualification eg CIMA, ACCA with relevant experience of financial management and controls, ideally in a professional services firm.
What we look for
- We are looking for a driven, proactive, organised and conscientious individual with strong analytical skills
- You'll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues from a range of backgrounds and cultures based on knowledge, experience and personal values.
What working at EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76661459