Tax Manager - Corporate Tax role within independent Nottinghamshire accountancy practice
Tax Manager Job based in Nottinghamshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful Nottinghamshire accountancy firm as a Tax Manager, with potential for progression in the future. Our client is seeking to recruit a Tax Manager for their successful accountancy practice based near Nottingham. This Tax Manager Job in Nottinghamshire is suitable for a career focused CTA qualified tax accountant with extensive experience of working in a public practice accountancy firm.
This Nottinghamshire based accountancy practice is highly reputable and long established with a large and varied client portfolio. Mainly working with SME's the practice works closely with Business Owners to help them achieve their goals. As a practice the emphasis is on providing a personalised and highly individual service to all of their clients.
The role would appeal to a CTA Qualified Tax Manager or Tax Senior with several years of general practice experience and high levels of commercial insight. If you are keen to develop your leadership skills and to be involved in strategic practice development this job could be ideal for you.
The role is suited to someone with Tax Advisory skills and a corporate tax background. Reporting to the Tax Partner, you will be an important and senior member of the tax team and will have direct influence on the delivery strategy.
The Tax Manager Job involves;
- Answering both internal and client queries
- Advising on group restructures
- Providing Business owners with advice regarding capital gains tax, property related tax issues and IHT queries
- Business development activities with existing and potential clients
- Acting as a major point of contact for client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the Tax service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Regular input into the development of tax planning and tax consultancy strategy in conjunction with Partners/Directors
- Reviewing and delivering the final advice to clients subject to sign off from Partners
- Training to more junior staff both on the job and through mentoring/assessment activities
Our ideal candidate;
- Minimum of 6 years’ tax experience across both advisory and compliance
- Able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of Corporate Tax
- Have technical report writing skills
- CTA & ATT qualified (or QBE)
- Confident in communicating with clients of all size and complexity
In return the successful candidate will work within a firm where the culture is both inclusive and lively, with ample opportunity for career progression.
For more Tax Manager Jobs and Tax Adviser jobs in Nottinghamshire please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT, Employment Tax & Finance.