Engineers / Scientists - Organic Photodetectors - Cambs
My clients in Cambridgeshire are looking for Technical Assistants (Engineers / Scientists) – Organic Photodetectors.
These roles are commutable from Saffron Walden, Royston, Cambridge, Bedford, St. Neots & Huntingdon.
To fabricate and/or test Organic Photodetectors (OPD) according to a standard operating procedure, documenting processes and results.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Fabrication and test of required number of devices in the allocated time with the best possible yield.
• Adherence to defined process.
• Unambiguous reporting of any issues during process/test/evaluation of starting materials.
• Documentation of process steps for components traceability and quality control.
• Adherence to all safe working practises.
• Prepare solutions of Organic Photodetector materials for device fabrication.
• Preparation of glass substrates.
• Coating of polymer solutions on substrates.
• Cathode deposition and encapsulation.
• Singulation and Evaluation of OPD devices.
• Maintenance of consumables stock levels required for the fabrication of required devices.
• Consistent and accurate completion of batch paperwork and data collection and entry into a database during device fabrication & Testing.
• Sorting, packaging and labelling.
• Other similar production processes as required.
• Taking reasonable care for own health and safety and that of other persons who may be affected by acts or omissions at work, in accordance with company health and safety policies and procedures.
• HNC/HND/Degree in an Engineering or Science based discipline or equivalent relevant experience working in a high tech production environment.
• Experience in a laboratory/clean room environment will be a significant asset. Note that the succesful candidate will be spending a large proportion of his/her working day in a cleanroom environment. This requires the position holder to wear a cleanroom suit for a large portion of the day.
• Experience of glove box handling, good fine motor skills and manual dexterity would be advantageous.
• Experience of Windows OS and Microsoft Office products is highly desirable as these will be used on a daily basis.
• Ability to work according to Clean Room standards.
• Strong attention to detail, both meticulous working and keen observational skills.
• A calm and methodical approach to work.
• A willingness to seek expert assistance when required.
• Excellent communication skills and strong team working skills.
• Strong practical nature.
These roles require working a rotating shift pattern 6.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. and 12.00 noon to 8.00 p.m. with a half an hour for lunch, Monday to Friday.
Other job titles relevant to these positions include fabrication scientist, test engineer etc.
Salary c£18-20k per annum plus 20% shift premium, flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for these Technical Assistant (Scientist / Engineer) – Organic Photodetectors roles in Cambridgeshire please contact us ASAP!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76667206