Business Servicing & Accounting Manager
Business Servicing & Accounting Manager (BS & A)
An interesting opportunity as arisen to join a top 10 firm within their business Servicing and Accounting team.
A Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage the team on a day to day basis and to build and sustain external and internal client relationships. You have responsibility for the management of a portfolio of clients including fee negotiations, control of billings and cash collections within the firm’s criteria.
In managing an assignment you will determine resource requirements, monitor team progress against budget and timeframes, review work of more junior members of the team and resolve issues prior to Director or Partner review.
- Manage client assignments, which includes determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Manage the overall team on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including client take on procedures, agreeing scope, fee negotiations, control of billings and cash collections within the firm’s criteria.
- Acts as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for appraisees).
- Work as part of management team on issues such as resource planning, staff retention, merit rate meetings, improving our tools and processes and efficiency gains
- Keep up to date with all technical developments in order to ensure continued excellent delivery of services to the client.
- May develop a specialism and actively work to identify new business opportunities in that market
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Puts quality first in every client interaction by ensuring accuracy, timeliness and honesty
- Acts within agrees fees, scope, deliverables and timescales and support the team to deliver on promises
- Solicits feedback from clients and acts promptly to amend or improve client service
- Escalates potential overruns and does not put off difficult conversations
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for BS&A, and inform the partner and client as appropriate. Acts as an ambassador of the firm, participates in marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products and services.
- Contributes to bidding for new work and supports senior people as needed
- Builds relationships with existing clients and seeks out new opportunities
- Takes the time to reflect on and learn from experience
- Personally invests the time and energy in building BD and management skills
- Encourages others to build networks and get into the market
- Introduces professional contacts to others as appropriate
- Is an effective people manager and delivers results through others
- Coaches team members to deliver results
- Knows when to delegate and when to take personal responsibility
- Undertakes effective performance reviews discussions with team members
- Seeks regular feedback on own performance and acts on findings
- Sets realistic but stretching performance targets for self and others
- Understands their impact on other people
- Knows own strengths and limitations
- Undertakes difficult conversations when necessary
- Acknowledges and praises people for their effort and achievements
- Offers solutions rather than presenting problems
- ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages and caseware including consolidations
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and FRS 102
- Experience of managing client assignments
- Experience of identifying and developing new business leads
If this position interests you please apply today