Technical Delivery Engineer - 12 Months FTC
The technical delivery team are responsible for customer installations, moves, adds and changes for Claranet across a diverse set of technologies. Involved in the entire life-cycle from design through to de-commission, the team is responsible for ensuring all activities meet the customer design requirements and are completed right first time and on time. It operates in a shift pattern covering the core operating hours and operates an on-call facility for all out of hours escalations from 24x7 shift team.
This is a technical engineering role with responsibilities primarily focused on;
- Successful implementation and ongoing change of customer solutions.
- Providing analysis, suggestions, solutions, resolution and advice to customers and to other internal teams.
- Troubleshooting and rectifying of issues associated with the implementation and\or change of customer solutions.
- Supporting the wider infrastructure teams in installation and change activities on shared platforms.
- Ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Manage varying and fluid workload through tickets and customer interaction.
- Responsible for ensuring new solutions and in-life changes are delivered successfully, on time and within budget.
- Providing support to other teams in ensuring customer solutions are available and operating as designed.
- Working closely with other internal teams to build and develop our product offering and customer credibility.
- Focus on network and communication technologies including but not limited to WAN, LAN, Firewall and IP Telephony.
- Have a broad understanding and experience of hosting technologies.
- Identify improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Proactively evaluate tools that aid and simplify working practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuing the successful completion of activities associated with customer installation, move, add or changes including but not limited to:
- Technical planning and involvement where required in the broader solution planning via the project office
- Task management and work scheduling
- Maintain communication with a focus on direct customer updates
- Following correct process including utilisation & administration of Incident, Change and Project tickets
- Technical documentation including updating and storing in defined location
- Customer testing and successful hand-over into operational support
- Maintaining the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction via direct customer interaction and support to the project office and\or other internal teams
- Support in the pre and post-sales design activities to ensure that customer solutions are technically sound and supportable long term
- Act as a point of escalation for the Customer Services team closing tickets and supporting customers as required by business needs or direction of the department manager.
- Document technical and process lessons learned and share those lessons with team members to enable continuous improvement, consistency and excellence in quality.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Support the Product team with testing and development as required to ensure technical product releases and enhancements are delivered on time and on budget.
- Comply with and help to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Handover of customer’s solutions to in-life support ensuring that any network diagrams, special instructions or supporting documentation specific to the customer’s environment are clearly described and logical.
- To support of out of hours work as required and involvement in an out of hours on-call rotation.
- Provide training to develop team members through good product knowledge, passion and commitment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a self-starter with desire to learn new technologies and ways of working
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in providing customer support and understand that the customer experience is critical for success
- Be highly motivated, pragmatic and energetic team player, positive, determined and driven with a can-do attitude.
- Have understanding of network principles, design methodologies and operational environments
- Understand the principles of change including planning, risk assessment, scheduling and testing.
- Have practical experience working with the following networking infrastructure:
- Firewalls – Juniper / Cisco ASA / Fortinet.
- ADSL, FTTC, 3G, Ethernet and Lease Lines.
- Voice technologies (Avaya, Cisco call Manager, Hipcom etc.)
- SSL VPN technologies (Juniper/Fortinet)
- Routing protocols and technologies (SNMP, SIP, RTP, Netflow, BGP, OSPF, QoS, MPLS, HSRP etc.)
- Have practical experience working with the following hosting technologies:
- Load Balancing
- Email (SMTP and POP mail delivery)
- Microsoft Exchange Server infrastructure
- Domain Names and DNS Management
- Anti-Virus and Web Security services
- Hosting (VMware/Windows/Linux)
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment in terms of volume and intensity of activity.
- Proven collaboration skills and strong written/oral communication skills.
- Experience of writing technical solution documentation addressing customer requirements.
- Ability to deliver against goals as part of a team or as an individual.
- Experience of data centre network technologies.
- Ability to translate technical language for the appropriate audience
Additionally, the following skills would be desirable
- Previous experience within a managed service provider, professional services or telecommunications environment.
- Hands on experience with IP Telephony configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting.
- Relevant technical qualification.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76650467