Customer Service / Credit Underwriter
Job Title: Asset Underwriter
Job Salary £19,500
Job Location Based in Old Trafford, right next to the Tram stop! Manchester.
Flexible working hours M-F between 7:30am - 9:00pm and working 2 in 4 weekends
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with banking or finance experience looking to take their career to the next level. This is a fast paced role working in the Asset Finance market underwriting low value asset finance packages for customers.
On a daily basis you will review finance applications ensuring accuracy whilst working at pace to meet strict service levels, providing the customer with fast and efficient service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the prompt and accurate underwriting of all applications we receive
- Ensuring that all applications are reviewed under credit approval criteria, ensuring adherence to company and individual approval limits
- Ensuring that the response times for underwriting Finance Applications meet company guidelines and service level agreements.
- Ensuring that deals referred to funding banks have all the information required to achieve a fast decision and ensuring that customers are aware of expected response times.
- Liaising with stores and customers to obtain full and accurate information or documents if required
- To investigate fraud markers present on applications in order to ensure the veracity of applications
- Ensure information recorded is accurate
We are looking for someone with previous banking/finance experience ideally with some previous underwriting experience although this is not essential.
- Strong decision making skills
- Proven Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, including both telephone and letter writing skills, and the ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers of all levels
- PC literate
- Punctual with good time management skills
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Salary £19.5k
- 25 days holidays + 1 extra day for your birthday
- Life Assurance upon completion of probation
- Private Medical Insurance available after 1 year's continuous service
- Dental and Optical scheme available after 2 year's continuous service
Please apply with you cv or contact Tom at Search on (0161) (835) (8668) for further information.
Locations - Old Trafford, Trafford, trafford Park, Salford Quays, eccles, Salford, manchester, Greater Manchester, Northwest
Keywords - Underwriter, underwriting, Loan underwriting, Asset underwriting, Banking, Finance, Banking advisor, Financial services, Customer Services,
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76657232