Learning Specialist (m/f)
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
About our rewards
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
This role reports to the FC Learning Manager, and includes the following core responsibilities:
The Fulfillment Center Learning Specialist works with operations managers, area managers, production assistants to coordinate all associate onboarding activities for the site. Constantly improves the long-term capabilities of the area to which he/she is assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
•Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office suite
•Understanding of fulfillment center processes and flow
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
•IT literacy - the ability to use common applications and work with data and systems
•Strong organizational skills
•Be prepared to take ownership and get involved from the very start
•Ability to give and receive feedback effectively
•Experience of working in an international large scale distribution, manufacturing or production environment,
•Experience of working with lean manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement tools
•Evidence of ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines
•Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
•Other European languages are a plus
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application and portfolio. Please submit your online application in one document including your CV and covering letter (both written in English, max. 5MB) stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
What we offer:
• Successfully Lead and manage Training Team
• Facilitate training programs such as instructors identification program , Associate Experience Week program, learning-by-doing (not conclusive). Using skillful application of adult learning theory to ensure learning outcomes are achieved. Draw upon a wide variety of techniques to ensure engagement, knowledge transfer, skill development as well as efficient and fun learning.
• Build partnerships to support our business through learning, performance and talent management. Dive in to quickly learn about learner’s goals and challenges, their work environment, how they walk (fast) and how they talk (straightforward).
• Work as part of a team to design and deploy appropriate learning and performance solutions for leaders and associates in the Operations organization. Use rapid design and distribution methods (virtual, classroom, blended and multi-media) that best suit audience needs and which tangibly and positively impact performance. Adapt materials created for the classroom to e-learning, mobile, and social tools.
• Manage collection of, interpret and analyze business data to report conclusions and make recommendations based on findings.
• Produce written reports to communicate and gain support for solutions, measurement and evaluation plans.
• Select, design and deploy appropriate mechanisms to measure learning impact.
• Participate in or lead learning project teams. Build positive, collaborative and action oriented partnerships among SMEs, peers, and stakeholders to scale durable learning and performance solutions across Europe.
• Build deployment processes which scale as well as minimize development and deployment time for new learning or communication and which enable learners and their leaders to own development.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76203187