Assistant Finance Manager - Controls
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a qualified accountant to join a FTSE 100 business in North Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the role is to operate the controls function for Wolseley UK and subsidiaries. There are exciting opportunities in financial control compliance to drive process improvement, as well as managing the control testing and reporting for the UK business cluster.
This role will have regular interaction with the plc team, subsidiaries, branches, project teams and Business Partners offering wide scope for business interaction.
- Manage the planning, production and review of financial control testing and reporting for the UK business cluster including scope reviews, walkthroughs and documentation.
- Lead the financial control audit close meetings, including presenting any findings to the Group Head of Internal Audit and business management.
- Proactively liaise with Internal Audit and Group Controls on control gaps and remediation.
- Prepare half year control certifications and present results to the CFO.
- Main point of contact for external auditors on financial controls testing.
- Periodic review of business process to identify improvements, of which the scope will be defined by management.
- Understand business requirements and interpret policies and procedures.
- Develop value-add and commercially pragmatic recommendations to improve operations.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
You will have:
- Has a good understanding of a strong control environment and consistently aims for improvement.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues. Seeks and develops new relationships that will support the Team.
- Appreciates risk and able to liaise with third parties (internal or external) where appropriate.
- Able to respond to business changes from a Compliance perspective. Proactive and demonstrates initiative.
- Able to communicate clearly and appropriately to a wide variety of audiences (in all formats).
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines / consistently motivated and focused on delivery.
- Experience of managing/supervising staff.
- Good technical skills.
- Fully qualified ACA or ACCA.
Wolseley is a FTSE100 Company and the world's largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. In 2016 Wolseley UK announced a major programme to transform the way it serves its customers following a wide-ranging review of its plumbing and heating operations resulting in a £100m investment in the business.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package. We actively promote further learning, development and career opportunities. We offer a 40 hour working week, Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm, 23 days Holiday + Bank holiday, free parking on site and a fantastic pension scheme.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76663720