Join our Innovation team as a front end UI Developer, supporting our colleagues in delivering a World Class Customer Experience, through a wide variety of Digital, technical and infrastructure projects within the Innovation team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the no.1 high-service distributor for engineers across Europe and Asia Pacific, and be involved in our Agile journey. The Innovation team's purpose is to transform our business to provide an unrivalled digital experience for our customers and suppliers.
We are looking for motivated and innovative UI developers to grow our talented team, working on our award winning e-commerce platform that can transform our customer experience. You will be based in our newly refurbished, Agile friendly Northamptonshire offices.
You will have the opportunity to work with the latest cutting-edge Front-end Open Source frameworks - in a team of talented individuals.
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company.
We are looking for competent and skilled individuals who are passionate and keen to make a difference.
As one of our UI Developers, your duties will include:
- Collaborating with the Technical Architects to understand the technical solution.
- Collaborating with the UX/design team to understand/implement the designs
- Collaborating with the Scrum Master and other team members to help shape and size stories on the backlog.
- Peer reviews along with developing and mentoring other junior members of your teams where appropriate.
- Developing UI code that meets the prescribed quality targets (i.e. meets agreed standards and unit test coverage).
- Create proof of concepts to evaluate new technologies and their suitable for upcoming requirements.
- Innovating / researching new frameworks and keeping abreast of new technologies on the horizon which might benefit RS.
- Ensuring that development documentation is up to date
- Championing best practices and good engineering principles, throughout the organisation
- Working closely with back-end (Java) developers to integrate page-level services and integrate UI pages (e.g. JSP).
* HTML (4 and 5)
* CSS (2 and 3)
* SASS (SCSS)
* Web fonts
* Grunt / Gulp
Frameworks (at least 2 of the following)
* jQuery (2 or 3)
* Bootstrap (3 with 4 desirable)
* Jasmine / Karma
* Selenium WebDriver
* Angular (v1, v2 preferred, with v4 desirable)
* AMP / PWA
Soft-skills and Experience
* Logical approach and high level of attention to detail.
* General understanding of low-level design principles and technical integration skills.
* Good understanding of contemporary best-practices and anti-patterns.
* Comfortable working in a distributed, diverse / heterogeneous environment.
* Excellent communication and stakeholder relationship-building skills.
* Desire to continuously improve and produce quality solutions.
What we can offer
The package (salary, bonus scheme, pension scheme, sharesave, private health care, childcare vouchers and much more) that RS offer to its employees will make the job very rewarding. The training and development we are able to provide will give you the chance for a fulfilling long term career.
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 44,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.27bn.
eCommerce is at the heart of our business and has driven our growth for over a decade. 62% of global revenues, over £750m, are generated online. Our online offer has transformed our business and is the entry point for a long-term, multi-channel relationship with our customers. We are continually improving their online experience with us, from our market-leading website to advanced eProcurement systems and engineering design tools that help our customers to boost efficiency and productivity and save time and money.
We offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
What we can offer
In return, we offer an outstanding benefits package, which includes pension scheme, childcare vouchers, life insurance and career development to rival any global organisation. We provide a healthy work/life balance, along with a fulfilling and rewarding long term career.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76654720