Fire Installation Engineer
We are currently looking for an experienced Dayworks Engineer to join our Fire division in our Crawley branch. With a strong pipeline of work we require people to come and join us and help us grow further by sharing their expertise with our customers and providing them with excellent customer service. By carrying out servicing, small installations and reactive calls on various fire alarms, door entry and warden call systems you will help us in providing a vital service to our customers.
To be successful in this role you will need to have an electrical or electronic qualification as well as FIA qualifications (Minimum Requirement Units 1 – Design & Unit 5 – Servicing). You will also have the drive and passion to help us succeed, whilst we provide you with all the support to realise your career aspirations.
This is a mobile role based in the Romford area (candidates will ideally be based in the North London / East London / Essex area ).
- Servicing of Fire Alarm Systems and provision of new equipment where required.
- Attend to emergency reactive call outs in line with the customer’s contract.
- Ability to survey new and remedial works in accordance with the British Standard.
- Installation of small works and projects as required.
- 24 hour call out service and will be placed on a rota.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by your Manager / Supervisor.
What we are looking for
- Full driving Licence.
- Electrical or electronics qualification, City and Guilds or BTE FIA Qualifications.
- Minimum Requirement Units 1 – Design & Unit 5 – Servicing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and an understanding of BS5839 and BS5266.
- Knowledge of various conventional & addressable fire alarm systems including Morley, Advance, Kentec, Gent, Haes & Menvier.
- Customer focused.
- Strong communicator both verbal and written.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76650964