National Apprenticeships Manager
As part of our plan to increase the number of apprentices at Essentra we are recruiting for a National Apprenticeships Manager. This is a great opportunity and the successful candidate will build on the success of the recently launched apprenticeship, shaping it and expanding the programme further across a range of functions to meet our future talent needs.
You will develop, manage and drive the regional skills training via the apprentice programme across the UK through the engagement of outsourced training providers and internal delivery activities. You will also promote, improve and sustain a clear talent pipeline across all functions and business areas using a variety of methods.
For this role we offer a competitive salary along with a company car/allowance and bonus.
We are flexible on your location, but you will ideally be close to one of our key sites (Newport, Nottingham, Kidlington or Milton Keynes).
Essentra plc is a FTSE 250 company and a leading global manufacturer and distributor of high volume, essential components and printed packaging solutions. Our enabling products serve customers in a wide range of end-markets, including health and personal care, food and drink, tobacco, light and heavy industry, transport and logistics, and automotive.
Duties you will be accountable for and will include but are not restricted to:
- Develop and implement effective plans, strategies, procedures and policies (in line with good practice) and monitor them to ensure that they meet legal requirements, business need and organisational objectives, across the UK.
- Ensure that effective communications are in place to promote skills development activities and obtain buy in and commitment of staff and managers
- To oversee and manage the UK Apprenticeship programme, focusing on appropriate training and development interventions to broaden and sustain key skills within the business.
- Manage the Essentra's UK Apprenticeship Levy account to ensure effective utilisation of annual funds.
- Where necessary, support the planning of a programme of learning activities required to meet individual development needs identified through PDR process and wider organisational strategy.
- Develop and evaluate the effectiveness of training and development activities to ensure learning outcomes are consistent with agreed expectations, the application of learning and development is beneficial to the business and cost effective.
- Manage and lead the delivery of projects and initiatives ensuring that implementation is achieved on time and in budget.
- Procure, manage and liaise with external training providers (where necessary) to source and deliver required skills developmental programmes in line with business and operational needs whilst ensuring return on investment.
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Up to date knowledge of apprentice/skills development best practice
- A proven ability to successfully deliver effective apprentice/training activities in multiple environments
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- IT literate with a solid knowledge of Microsoft office and e-learning technology
- Able to work proactively individually as well as a part of a team
- Experience of sourcing, managing and administering a portfolio of training providers
- The ability to plan, organise a deliver a programme or skills development frame-work
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76260836