Merchandiser - Outdoors
Our Merchandising team ensure all of our products, whether branded or own branded are in the right place at the right time-whether in store or online. They use a high level strategic thinking in order to build the range with our Buying team.
They contribute insights that allow us to make reactive and long range decisions and planning that is crucial to the success of our business.
Our product merchandising team sits within each of our fascia's (JD, size? etc.) and is split into categories and gender. They review sales on a daily basis, looking at how our product is doing and then making commercial decisions to manage the flow of stock around our business. They also work in conjunction with the Buying team to plan our ranges by providing the story behind the sales numbers from previous seasons. Our merchandising team is passionate about our product and understands why this is critical for success.
Reporting to : Merchandise Manager
Operating Ratio : 50/50 Current / Future
Key Objective : To lead the team to deliver Sales, Markdown, Stock, Intake and Profit Plans
- With the Buyer review previous season and capture lessons learned
- With the Buyer create the strategy for the department and present
- Approve the proposed grading from the trading Merchandiser for input into the assortment planning process
- Review the SMT plan at Buyer Group/Season annually and apply plan at Category/Season level to meet the Buyer Group/Season plan
- Quarterly plan at Category/Season level with the Buyer to submit a plan on the System that reflects the best possible mix of product to deliver the KPI's
- Formulate range plan at Store level in conjunction with the Buyer quarterly
- Attend selection/pre-selection meetings with the Buyer and suppliers
- Plan the pre-scheduling to meet the range plan - in conjunction with Assistant Merchandisers
- Overview the ratio's for all buys in conjunction with Assistant merchandiser
- Ensure that the Buy matches the plan Buy
- Review weekly trading performance and achieved KPI's, identifying Issues and the course of action in preparation for the weekly trading meetings
- Propose and agree actions to recover risk and maximise opportunities with the Buyer at category and line level.
- Monthly - Capture all agreed actions in the monthly forecast reviews
- Work up the forecast from category/Season level to Buyer Group
- Meet and gain approval : Incorporating
- Forecasting any sales variance to plan
- Creation of OTB's
- Management of commitments - On time delivery, rebuys cancellations
- Markdown proposals
- Reporting to the Merchandising Manager
- Work with the Buyer to deliver the plan
- Guide and direct the Merchandising Team to help deliver the plan
- Establish working relationships with Store Operations, Visuals, Marketing, Finance DC etc.
- Team development
Key Deliverables - Year 1
- Attend all Systems courses to enable full utilisation of the System
- Adhere to the Merchandise Calendar delivery plans and forecasts as required
- Focus on Training and developing your team 'On-The-Job' and through a range of development tools and courses
- Achieve company Sales, Margins, and stock plans.
- Experience within a similar role is essential
- Experience within a sports/fashion retailer is advantageous
- Highly numerate and strong commercial focus
- Proven deliverables within previous roles
What we will offer you:
- Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
- Development linked to your role with the business
- An opportunity to work across multi-brands both UK and Internationally
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76646843