European Financial Controller
European Financial Controller
Full time, Permanent – UK based role
Location: Shefford, Bedfordshire
Salary: Very competitive – discussed upon application
This role will be UK based working with both a UK sales location and a manufacturing and sales location in Poland, as well, as the global HQ in the US. The successful candidate will report to the President of the company and work closely with the CFO to fulfil their responsibilities. The EMEA Financial controller will be responsible for the timely month end close and internal and external financial and fiscal reporting.
- Ensure efficient monthly close in all EMEA entities. Regions/countries under direct control are UK and Poland.
- Timely and accurate delivery of entity financial reporting requirements including
- Local statutory accounts and audit processes, where applicable.
- Management of local fiscal returns, with assistance of local accounting firms where applicable.
- Working with the business finance partners to produce good explanation for monthly variances as required.
- Ensure Group policies are complied with and local GAAP if applicable for local reporting purposes.
- Consider current structure and identify efficiencies both within existing structure but also through extension of shared service capability.
- Assist with Tax and other treasury matters including transfer pricing processes, corporate simplification projects and other projects as they arise.
- Lead, develop and enhance the EMEA finance team.
- Streamline and consolidate processes across EMEA.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field is preferred.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified.
- Experience of working in regional or global roles in multinational companies.
- Ability in communicate in European languages, Polish is a plus.
- At least 6 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Experience in EU accounting is required. Strong technical background with experience in applying IFRS and US GAAP is required.
- Worked within a multicurrency environment, analyzing and understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates.
- Experience of managing and developing teams at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience getting involved in month end activities, working well under pressure to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and focus.
- Highly resourceful with a willingness to get involved and roll-up sleeves to get a job done.
- Knowledge and awareness of European (UK & Poland) filing requirements.
- Experience of developing and producing timely and accurate management reports providing clear, meaningful management information to stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with the ability to reason, persuade and influence with employees at all levels effectively.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and common sense.
- Advanced knowledge of excel.
If you feel you fit the criteria our client is looking for in their next European Financial Controller, then what are you waiting for? Send in a copy of your CV with a Covering Letter listing your experience by clicking the APPLY button to be a part of this exciting opportunity!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76651462