An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Gas Technician to join our Northern based Landfill Gas team.
The main purpose of this role is to:
- Maximise landfill Gas recovery and treatment to ensure environmental protection is optimised, beneficial use of Landfill gas is maximised, liaison between site management and contractors to ensure compliance with current legislation and guidance both internal and statutory.
- Interrogate data to enable planning of system extensions and reinforcement to minimise loss of performance. Co-ordinate monitoring data with on-site activity and updating local and regional management teams.
- The main functions may be performed at one or more sites depending on the home location of the successful candidate and their proximity to operating sites. The ideal location but not limited to would be the Yorkshire Area.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- Qualification in Health and Safety IOSH as a minimum
- Mechanical/Engineering/Science qualification a degree standard would be desired
- GCSE's or equivalent (grades A-C) in Mathematics, English, IT, Chemistry (Basic) and Environmental Science desirable
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy (including Excel) - essential
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail required
- A process background - desirable
- Able to travel, without restriction
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that's based on mutual trust and respect.Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.
We're very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility.
You'll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate.
We're committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You'll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
Biffa is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
Biffa Waste Service Ltd is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sectors of the community.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76657350