Category Manager (procurement)
Providing effective procurement strategies as a Category Manager, formulating risk mitigation strategies.
Working closely with the US Sourcing team and partnering with the supply chain you will assist in the development of strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation.
Like you, we know the importance the Category Manager role and offer you a collaborative and supportive environment in which you are actively encouraged to continually develop your own skills and knowledge, along with embracing innovation and change. If you want to make a difference, Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome - If that inspires you, let’s talk.
You’ll join a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, helping change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Your new colleagues are all deeply passionate about what they do, knowing that our work has the power to improve lives.
Category Manager Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies for one of Illumina’s key Consumable supply chains e.g. Chemical and Biological materials, to deliver agreed business targets
- Participate in cross-functional sourcing teams with joint accountability for technical and quality performance through strategy development and implementation at global or regional level
- Working closely with the EMEA Supplier Relationship Manager to manage strategic suppliers and strengthen relationships whilst ensuring continuity of supply and reducing business risks.
- Lead strategic supplier business reviews resulting in supplier performance improvements through collaboration with R&D, Operations and Quality.
- Leverage critical supply partners to decrease time-to-market and product costs while ensuring all quality and product/design/development requirements are met.
- Provide leadership and direction on New Product Introduction teams. Provide innovative solutions to problems which meet customer requirements and support company goals. Lead strategic sourcing activities for new products.
- Negotiate supply agreements resulting in favourable terms that mitigate business risks, protects Illumina’s IP and reduces product cost and inventory.
- Resolution of supply issues escalated from site(s)
- Partner with other executives in engineering, quality and operations to achieve company and functional goals and ensure regulatory compliance through the appropriate strategy creation.
- Launch initiatives which raise awareness and support company goals around Supply Chain, Supplier Management & Communication.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in the field of procurement, strategic sourcing and contract management
- Strategic thinker; anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action while also executing on concrete business objectives
- Customer focused, very responsive, and action-oriented to meet business needs while maintaining a positive, professional outlook.
- Strong analytical skills that allow the successful candidate to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into action
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with requisite interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with senior leadership team as well as collaborate and build relationships with business partners, suppliers and regional teams.
- Experience developing and leading RFx events.
- Strong negotiator; ability to negotiate the best deal for ILMN and influence upward.
- International sourcing and supplier management experience; preferably with chemical and biological materials.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time; both domestic and international (mainly the US)
- Flexibility to participate and/or lead telephone calls with our US west coast partners during evenings a few times per month as required
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76664518