Systems Engineer - METOC
Systems Engineer - METOC
A Systems Engineer is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorchester
This is a 12 month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Systems Engineer contract role
A vacancy exists for a Systems Engineer to be a part of the METOC team working on the METeorological and OCeanographic System for the UK Royal Navy. The METOC system is currently deployed and in-service on the Type 45 Destroyers, ready for Sea Trial on the QE Class Carriers and in the design phase for the Type 26 Frigates.
Key skills required for the Systems Engineer
- Good documentation and analysis skills
- An excellent team player with strong communication skills, and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly learn on the job
- Knowledge of and experience in designing with COTS hardware and PC technology.
- Experience in Naval Combat System Equipment architecture, technical design & delivery; including physical requirements and associated design & installation attributes, build & manufacture, physical integration and Acceptance
- Experience of working with COTS IT equipment, cabinet design and assembly
- Knowledge of EMC and environmental (shock, vibration, cooling) control measures applied to equipment containing COTS items to meet military specifications
- Experience in test and acceptance management
The role is based in Dorchester, Dorset - commutable from commutable from Weymouth, Poole, Bournemouth, Christchurch, Blandford Forum, Bere Regis, Bovington, Sherborne, Yeovil, Crewkerne, Honiton, Axminster, Lyme Regis and Bridport
If you are a Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76654985