Business System & Reporting Analyst
As one of the best known names in the UK energy market, British Gas UK Business supplies gas, electricity and a wide range of energy management services to over 500,000 business customers in the UK, in both the public and private sectors. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business System & Reporting Analyst to join our team based in Oxford.
- Location: Oxford
You’ll maintain and ensure the correct functioning of iPrice, the bespoke gas and electricity pricing system used in British Gas UK Business. The role is vital in ensuring the accuracy of prices generated for inclusion in gas and electricity supply agreements with our business customers.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Maintain the accuracy and functionality of iPrice
- Support change management; input into requirements, review functional and technical documentation, co-ordinate user acceptance testing and support business readiness
- Oversee code and data updates and releases
- Support improvement and change projects that impact iPrice, including the tools/interfaces used to load data into, and transfer data between, iPrice and other systems such as SAP
- Provide reporting and analysis on iPrice availability, accuracy and usage
- Respond to queries from iPrice users and pricing stakeholders
To be great in this role you'll be self-motivated, proactive, flexible, and be able to work quickly & under pressure. You need to be able to multi-task in order to navigate complex tasks & prioritise effectively.
In addition we're looking for the following skills and experience:
- Educated to at least degree level in a science/mathematical/economics discipline
- Experience of writing and running basic SQL scripts
- Experience of working with large, complex spreadsheets, databases and data-sets
- Experience of working on change projects and/or supporting software applications
- Experience in B2B energy supply or a similar competitive market
- Good understanding of the UK B2B energy market is beneficial
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills
- An aptitude and appetite for technical, system and process-related work
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Logical, analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76655505