Java Front Office Developer
Join our Innovation team as a Java Developer, supporting our colleagues in delivering a World Class Customer Experience, through a wide variety of Digital, technical and infrastructure projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the no.1 high-service distributor for engineers acros Europe and Asia Pacific. We are looking for motivated and innovative Java engineers to grow our talented team working on our award winning eCommerce platform based in Northamptonshire.
You will have the opportunity to work with the latest Java Platform and a suite of cutting-edge Open Source frameworks - developing our Micro Service based architecture in a team of talented individuals.
As one of our Java Developers you will:
- Develop and expand our existing eCommerce Platform.
- Help innovate and explore new emerging technologies / frameworks
- Analyse and diagnose performance issues and optimise existing platform
- Work within one of our specialist Agile teams using Agile methodologies
- Inspire and mentor other Junior members.
- Maintain and improve code quality.
- Java EE 1.8,
- Spring, ReST, Maven, JUnit, SQL / NOSQL databases (ideally Oracle) or related Java tools.
- Common low level design principles and technical integration skills
- Good understanding of best-practices and anti-patterns
- Comfortable working in a distributed heterogeneous environment.
- Logical approach and high attention to detail
- Excellent communication and stakeholder relationship skills
- Keen eye for detail and a desire to continuously improve and produce quality solutions.
What we can offer
The package (salary, bonus scheme, pension scheme, private health care and much more) that RS offer to its employees will make the job very rewarding and the training and development we are able to provide will give you the chance for a fulfilling long term career.
RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 44,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.27bn.
We place a strong emphasis on investing in our people, our best asset, enabling them to be customer focused at all times and exceeding their expectations. This is because our customers are at the heart of everything we do. So we look for people who have a strong belief in, and commitment to exceeding customer expectations, people who have pride and belief in their company.
In return we offer a positive and supportive culture which ensures that together we can help our customers do great things.
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) 207 842 2968.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76653663