Junior Accountant- German Speaker
ABOUT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
Burberry is opening a brand new Shared Service Centre - Burberry Business Services, based in Leeds at their stunning new premises in the heart of the City Centre. This Centre of Excellence will be an extension of their Head Office in London and house core functions; HR, Finance, Procurement, Customer Services and I.T. helpdesk.
Each Junior Accountant is responsible for execution of Record to Report ('RTR') team tasks set out below for the assigned territories. The successful candidate will participate in the establishment of the new project team, to transition from the existing arrangements, taking responsibility for delivering specified activities.
- Preparation and posting of accounting entries for payroll, accruals, prepayments, intercompany recharges, and other GL journal types
- Assist in preparation of tax returns and other compliance activities
- Month end processes:
- Agreement of intercompany positions
- Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts including sub-ledger accounts (e.g. AR, VAT, Inter-company)
- Completion and Submission of BOSS pack per Group deadlines for the assigned entities/Segments
- Completion of half year and year end additional financial information
- Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required
- Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting
- Participation in migration of accounting processes to BBS and support migration of other functions (e.g. PTP, OTC, Procurement, Customer Services, HR)
- Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
- Fluent german speaker
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field is strongly preferred
- Part-qualified accountant or willing to start studying for an accounting qualification
- At least 1 years of relevant accounting experience; any local GAAP or territory knowledge would be a plus. SAP and retail or FMCG industry experience preferred.
- Experience of BPC, an advantage. Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus. Worked within a multicurrency environment;
- Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus
- Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers
- Good Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets
OPPORTUNITIES AT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
If you do not wish to apply for a specific role but would like to register your interest please click on the following link: https://rsbb.avature.net/talentcommunity
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76649697