Network and Communications Technician
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company and a leading provider of integrated service solutions in the worldwide defence and aerospace markets. We support the armed forces of a number of countries around the world, including the United Kingdom, United States and Australia.
Serco Defence currently provide manpower in support of the prestigious Skynet 5 contract which provides satellite communication services to the UK Government and Armed Forces.
• Ensure all agreed operational policies, processes and procedures are adhered to.
• Ensure compliance with Serco’s mandatory training requirements.
• Comply with, and ensure adherence to, the QHSE, FIRE, HR and Security Policies.
• Conduct any reasonable tasks or assignments as requested by the Network Operations Manager.
• Support the NOC Management Team and shifts during busy periods and assist with maintaining continuity across all shifts.
• Review, update and create Serco and Customer procedures/processes and other associated documentation.
• Maintain knowledge currency of toolsets utilised within the NOC.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to the NOC Management Team, shifts, Customer and external agencies as required.
• Provide Out-of-Hours on-call support according to agreed practice.
• Provide Management Information to support both Serco and SKYNET5 Contract reporting requirements, established, new requirements and ad-hoc requests.
• Manage incidents in line with the agreed process.
• Maintain current knowledge of all services operational and those planned.
All Serco employees must ensure that their current line manager is aware of their application. For confidential enquiries please contact MyHR on 0345 010 4000.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76304754