Senior Accounting Analyst
Developing, implementing and/or maintaining accounting systems: Journal entries, General Ledger, Statutory account preparation, Analytical review, Reconciliations etc. Reviewing and interpreting financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
Like you, we know the importance of your role and offer you a collaborative and supportive environment in which you are encouraged to continually develop your skills and knowledge.
Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome - If that inspires you, let’s talk.
You’ll join a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, helping change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Serve as direct support to the Sr. Manager, Accounting in the oversight and monitoring of the Financial Close Process. This includes performing month-end account analysis and reconciliations to ensure all accounts are properly reconciled
- Responsible for maintaining and accuracy of company accounts
- Apply US and local GAAP to complex accounting transactions. Document white papers to memorialize interpretations and conclusions
- liaison between General Ledger and Financial Planning & Analysis groups in investigating all reporting data integrity issues
- Responsible for maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley internal control narratives and testing documentation for areas of responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and supporting annual and interim audits as well as participation in quarterly review
- Drive process improvement initiatives by applying strong communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills
Preferred skills and experience includes:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) required. College degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent preferred. MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- Experience with SAP (or equivalent ERP system) preferred
- Excellent communication skills and an attention to detail required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to work cross-functionally and identify functional challenges and “gaps” and propose potential solutions
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76207571