Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager required to join a financial services firm based in Edinburgh.
Working within the Technology Operations function playing an integral role in its development.
Our client, a financial services firm, is looking to hire an Assistant Finance Manager to join their Technology Operations function based in Edinburgh. This role would suit someone who has a passion for being part of something new as the function continues to experience growth. You should have experience of reporting financial information and financial obligatory activities. You will also assist in supporting the financial management, reporting and analysis of key contractual drivers across the department.
- Monitoring the financial performance and capacity to ensure that the firms business needs are delivered
- Monitoring financial and capacity information
- Support the setting up of the financial/contractual reporting/related governance processes required
- Track & report alongside early warning indicators for capacity where variable price contracts are in place to ensure the firm can forecast accurately & understand the cost drivers of the business including the impacts of change activities
- Production of the finance elements of the committee packs working collaboratively with stakeholders as required
- Responsible for creation/validation and receipting against centrally owned Purchase Orders in line with the agreed contractual payment schedule/VAT advice
- Play an active role in price review discussions with external bodies working through financial impacts and verifying capacity information
- Deliver fit-for-purpose guidance to stakeholders, driving a consistent and effective approach for managing interactions with the business with respect to collecting and collating capacity information for budgeting/forecasting exercises
- Work within appropriate risk and controls, ensuring adherence (or documentation/identification of any exemptions) to Group Policies, Legal and Regulatory requirements
- Disciplined work approach including the ability to work to deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy is essential
- Collaborative style with both internal and external customers; team player with a flexible approach
- Strong MS Office suite skills in particular, Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Ability to operate and influence in a complex and diverse stakeholder environment; building and maintaining effective relationships
- Ability to adapt quickly, calmly and positively to changing priorities
- Self-motivated, with good organisational skills
- Capable of producing accurate and concise MI/reports, minutes and action lists; able to summarise information and apply critical analysis
Competitive Salary and benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76206893