Title: Fleet Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Director, Scotland
Closing Date: 31 August 2017
First Glasgow currently has a vacancy for a Fleet Engineer, primarily based at Caledonia Depot.
The main purpose of the role is:
- To deliver an effective engineering support service to the Business & other internal/external customers, with vehicles being safe & reliable, meeting all statutory & legislative requirements.
- Ensuring compliance to the Company preventative maintenance regime, whilst maximising opportunities for future improvement.
- Being a member of the senior engineering & local management team, collaborating with colleagues to develop the business within set budgetary guidelines.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to lead their team to deliver a safe and cost-effective programme of preventative maintenance and repair.
- Innovative, customer focussed and commercially astute.
- Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement, using tools such as 5s & Kaizen.
- A good track record of fleet maintenance with no loss in quality.
- Solution focused and results driven
- Influencing and good communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of health, safety, environmental and employment legislation
- Possession of a suitable engineering qualification.
- Membership of the Institute of Mechanical Engineering and/or Society of Operations Engineers and CPC Holder (preferable).
- Evidence of continued professional development (e.g. NVQ level 5)
A more comprehensive job description is available.
External applicants apply online at: www.firstgroup.com/careers
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76256028