Pensions Project Analyst
The role of the Pensions Project Analyst is critical in supporting both the Pensions Project Team Manager and Projects Operations Manager to ensure all Pension project objectives are achieved.
Each member of the team is allocated a project, or number of projects depending on size of project to deliver over a period of time. Each individual is expected to significantly contribute to the pre agreed deliverables of the projects allocated, where appropriate being empowered to decide what those deliverable and end products should be, both as an individual and as part of the wider team, within budget, to the time allocated and to a high quality.
This role offers an exciting challenge to a candidate who has experience of working on projects within a pension administration environment and who has strong analytical skills with attention to detail, whilst also focusing on results and delivery within the constraints of required project timescale and costs.
The Pensions Administration Project Team supports the Pensions Administration function by working closely with the Administration and Systems teams and are involved in costing, organising, controlling and delivering key pension administration projects and bulk processing tasks.
These tasks include the planning, costing and delivery of the work required to amend administration system automation on a scheme rule or legislative change, bulk data cleansing work and bulk communication exercises including production of non-standard pension statements. The system automation projects include development and delivery of relevant and correct proformas and test cases, test grids and involve testing the amendments made to system automation prior to a release to the live system.
The success of the team is measured by the efficient and effective delivery of high quality projects on budget and within the pre-agreed timescales using a variety of systems and tools from the day to day pension administration systems, to Microsoft products such as excel, access and word.
As a Pensions Project Analyst you will be responsible for;
- Delivering projects in line with business objectives and pre-determined critical success factors to time, cost and quality.
- Providing recommendations and manage implementation of agreed solutions.
- Identifying & implementing service and system improvements and efficiencies.
- Providing project support and coordination.
- Collating and analysing data to produce and deliver solutions for administration teams within pre agreed timescales.
- Assessment and pulling together of documentation for complex technical pension and calculation tasks required as part of project deliverables.
- Collation of third party documentation required to complete the project deliverables.
- Working closely with other operations teams and operation managers to keep them up to date and to ensure what is being delivered is what is required.
As the Successful candidate you will demonstrate the following;
- Detailed Pensions knowledge covering both Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution with understanding of Pensions technical legislation, Pension calculations and scheme rules.
- Experience of working in a project team, or on projects within a Pensions Administration team. Can work as a hybrid across business and IT.
- The ability to assess and understand Business requirements, issues and drivers which impact the project and its delivery.
- Computer literate with a willingness to learn a variety of systems. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Problem solving skills to accurately diagnose the issue and work through potential solutions to ensure successful resolution strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Flexible approach and able to respond quickly and decisively in a changing and challenging environment. Ability to work to tight timelines and prioritise effectively to meet shifting deadlines without compromising the quality of output.
- A team player, portraying a positive can-do approach to each task. Demonstrates personal commitment in all interactions to ensure the success of personal and team objectives.
- The ability to develop positive and productive working relationships with a strong desire to deliver exceptional customer service.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76216517