Multi Channel Merchandiser - Outdoors
Multi Channel Merchandiser - Outdoors
Reporting to : Senior Merchandiser or Multi Channel Lead
Key Objectives : To drive sales and profit growth by monitoring and reporting performance as well as short-term (weekly and monthly) planning and action.
To ensure products and content are visually merchandised across all online channels (web, mobile, apps) in a way that is appropriate to the customer.
* Review sales against forecasts each morning - warning of potential threats and proposing and making adjustments to ensure forecasts are achieved.
* Check daily and weekly automated reports and perform additional analysis to identify underperforming categories or products and make suitable recommendations.
* Monitor product intake and ensure all stock in the Warehouse is available on relevant channels, taking action as required.
* Check marketing spots are being utilised to maximise sales whilst staying consistent with store activity to maintain the brand identity.
* Crate and adjust merchandising cocktails, search redirects, and product recommendation rules.
* Use Google Analytics and liaise with the Conversion Manager to check customer behaviour and propose changes to site structure.
* Review product attributes to ensure that site navigation and filters are visible and optimised across all channels.
* Select products to feature in mailers that will drive customer engagement and sales.
* Monitor stock recalls from store (Fast Tracks) to ensure they are being set and processed, and liaise with Area Managers to understand and overcome any problems.
* Monitor web stock reservations (IRI's) to ensure they are being set, and liaise with Core Merchandising to understand and overcome any problems.
* Monitor daily and weekly product intake to make sure new products are going online in a timely manner.
* Be the lead point of contact with the Core Merchandising and Buying teams, attending Core meetings and establishing a working relationship with all categories.
* Set up and test promotional voucher codes on all channels.
* Complete and distribute the weekly trading report, and provide detail to wider Web Team in the weekly trade meeting.
* Develop awareness of our full product range through the completion of Myagi video training, range presentations, and store visits.
* Develop competitor awareness and monitor competitor activity.
* Work with Marketing to plan and coordinate photoshoots. Ensure stock is delivered and appropriately used, then returned and accounted for.
* Processing stock approvals, IRI's and Fast Tracks as required.
* Assist the Senior Merchandiser with planning long term forecasts.
* Provide cover for Assistant Merchandiser and Senior Merchandiser as required.
Skills and Experience
* Workload management - the ability to work efficiently as part of a team and ensure that essential core tasks are completed on time, alongside short term goals.
* Strong analytical skills - the ability to report figures accurately and confidently, with insight into trends or patterns.
* Excellent use of Microsoft Excel and Word to create and distribute reports.
* Experience with Google Analytics or similar website analysis tools, including identifying trends by drilling down to channel, category and product level.
* Experience within a Multi Channel environment is desirable.
* Awareness of wider digital marketing (SEO, PPC, email marketing) would be beneficial, but is not essential.
* Knowledge of the Outdoor Industry would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Key Deliverables - Year One
* Have a solid understanding of the full product range, with key products and price points for each category.
* Be able to work confidently with the Web and Core teams, as well as the wider Multi Channel business.
* Achieve consistently high product availability on site.
* Become an expert in the use of online analysis tools including Google Analytics.
* Finish product training through our Myagi video course - full support will be given.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76189317