Micro Space Planner
Micro Space Planner
Up to £30,000 p/a + amazing benefits (Grade E)
Manchester city centre
12 months fixed term
From our support centre to our stores, the Co-op is changing fast. Our renewed focus has seen us become the UK's leading convenience retailer, but we're not done yet. Our commercially focused food and customer offer team are now looking for a talented micro space planner to join us on our journey, developing amazing merchandising solutions that'll appeal to our customers as well as boost the performance of our stores.
As a micro space planner at the Co-op, you'll work closely with our buyers and retail marketing teams to create innovative category strategies that are in line with current market trends and our customer's shopping needs. You'll then translate strategies and information into planograms that give our ranges the visual appeal they need to achieve a wide range of commercial targets. And with your self-motivated and customer focused approach, you'll make a huge contribution to accomplishing category goals and evaluating the effectiveness of merchandising plans both for customer and business value. If you can bring the expert planning and relationship management skills we're after, you'll have a unique opportunity to learn, grow and build a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you'll do:
- support ongoing projects in food and customer offer team
- work cross-functionally with various teams to create category strategies
- translate key information from buyers and marketing teams into more customer relevant planograms using JDA software
- evaluate effectiveness of merchandising plans, in terms of sales, profit and customer availability
- ensure critical milestones for range events are hit on time
- make sure sales and customer availability are central to all decisions and planning to ensure both persistent operational efficiency and positive customer experience
To be successful as our micro space planner, you'll need experience of producing planograms in a similar role within a fast-paced, complex environment like our own. You'll also need to be analytical and organised as well as confident working cross-functionally and presenting data and findings to senior leaders. And if you can expertly manage the ambiguity and complexity that comes with large scale retail change, you'll have a unique opportunity to build your profile and thrive as part of one of biggest and most ambitious change agendas in retail.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you have micro space planning experience
- you can bring knowledge of JDA or similar software, this would be a big advantage
- you have good analytical skills and comfortable using excel and some formulas
- you've great attention to detail and you're able to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines, both independently and collaboratively
- you've previous project experience, this'd be great too
Food and Customer Offer team mission statement: 'We produce merchandising solutions aligned to our customer needs that optimise the visual appeal of our product ranges to our customers, maintaining availability and driving sales aligned to the category segmentation model at a National, Regional and Local Level'
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76199362