IT Technology Manager (Software Development)
IT Technology Manager (Software Development) (FIN0303)
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is looking for a Technology Manager to embrace an exciting new role within the organisation.
The successful candidate will head up Oxfam's software development strategy, leading a team of agile developers to deliver innovative projects.
The Technology Manager will be primarily responsible for;
- Team Management and team development
- Developing the software development strategy, policies, standards, and processes
- Managing and supervising work conducted by third parties where appropriate
- Delivering new releases and new functionality
- Developing robust, effective solutions
- Delivering minor service enhancements
- Delivering operational support for assigned software products (typically third line support).
- Introducing methodologies, processes, and tools to increase productivity, reliability, and predictability of software development projects
- Planning and scheduling the work of the team, to make best use of the team’s capacity and regarding priority of projects on the IS project portfolio
- Leading in project and work prioritisation as appropriate
What we’re looking for:
We're looking for someone with established experience leading development teams, as well as a strong understanding of business relationships and ways of working within a large organisation.
This is a rewarding role for the right candidate, who is committed to making a difference.
How to apply:
To find out more information surrounding this role and to apply, please utilise the links provided.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76126795