Service Desk Engineer
Part Time Service Desk Engineer (Central Newcastle)
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne (NE1)
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week / Monday-Friday 7am-7pm
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 + Bonus of 10%, Free Travel Pass,
Job type: Permanent
Are you looking for the next step in your IT career with a company who can offer a competitive salary, bonus scheme, training and free local travel all from a great city centre location?
If you are the type of person who has great customer service skills, and have a passion for technology we would like to speak to you. We are looking for a Service Support Engineer to join our team of skilled and enthusiastic engineers to provide outstanding customer support. With previous experience within IT and Service Desks, and can provide Frist and Second Line support to our colleagues. You will already have shown strong customer skills in your current role, and you will be able to deal with the demands of taking calls and additional tasks.
Go Ahead Group operate Bus and Rail operations across the UK and have been running a brand-new service centre for the last 2 years, based in the heart of Newcastle and are looking to expand our team of service desk engineers. As we continue to grow and take on more services from our operating companies we require talented individuals who have a passion for great customer service but can back this up with a solid understanding of technical issues (or at least have the passion to learn)
A Service Support Engineer at GoAhead is a key role within our Shared Service Centre providing support to our colleagues, the team and BAU tasks.
The role is to ensure that our colleagues across the UK receive prompt and professional service each time they deal with the Service Centre, and that we work to not only quickly resolve issues but actively seek to prevent them happening in future by monitoring for potential issues and striving to improve the service we provide.
Go Ahead is one of the UK’s leading providers of quality public transport. We employ more than 30,000 people and over a billion passengers travel on our buses and trains each year. Since forming 26 years ago GoAhead has developed into one of the UK’s leading providers of passenger transport. We deliver high quality, locally focused, bus and rail operations.
What are we looking for?
- To have a positive and can do attitude
- To provide technical support but with a heart; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email - all with great customer service.
- To embody and represent the company’s core beliefs and attitudes
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To manage and own Knowledge and store in our knowledge base
- To log all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation.
- Respond to enquiries from colleagues and help them resolve any hardware or software problems
- Someone with experience within IT across AD, Airwatch, Citrix, VPN, Mobile phones, Networks, Password resets, Office 365, and many more.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76191768