Category Product Manager
Job Title: Category Product Manager
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Salary: Negotiable DOE
The Category Product Manager is the category specialist responsible for driving all marketing activity and range management in relation to the category.
The role holder will build a deep understanding of the consumer, market and products by performing research and analysis to ensure that our client have the best range for customers.
Plan all marketing activity to drive category sales and profitability and working with key partner brands to plan and activate trade marketing activity.
Product management -
- To be responsible for the category in terms of product range, pricing, costs, forecasting etc. to achieve the company's objectives (volume, margin, and turnover).
- Perform quarterly range reviews by category - ensuring the company have the right products to meet the market needs and identifying improvements to the ranges.
- Ensure a competitive and viable range that delivers maximum sales and profitability
- Analyse potential gaps in product portfolio and identify product/range opportunities.
- Perform market, consumer and customer research to identify consumer trends, competitor product activity and development, retailer developments etc. and identify new product development opportunities.
- To monitor category performance against budgets and to propose appropriate action where necessary to ensure achievement of budget/objective.
- Project manage product launches in co-operation with the Product Development Team - product, packaging, pricing, branding, commercials etc.
- To set and manage pricing for all new and any existing products to protect the company's current and planned market position. And implementing 3rd party pricing of distributed product.
- Determine product specifications and ensure the information is up-to-date on the system
- Perform range rationalisation analysis to avoid product proliferation and excess stocks by continuously monitoring product performance against agreed criteria.
- To manage any product discontinuation, phasing out or substitution of products in a cost-effective manner without detriment to company profitability, where necessary.
Category Marketing -
- To act as category champion and lead the development and implementation of a category-based marketing strategies which maximises participation for the specified category within budget.
- To develop and take responsibility for implementing the category marketing plan
- Working with Partner Brands to create bespoke marketing activity plans that complement the Category Marketing initiatives
- To generate product awareness and demand by proactively driving initiatives that relate the marketing plan.
- Consumer Advertising / Editorial
- Digital (i.e. events, social media, blogs and guides etc.)
- Project making and product demonstrations
- Take ownership and develop all relevant marketing collateral
- Catalogues, flyers, etc
- Presentations (internal and external)
- Work with 3rd party organisations to increase web traffic and joint promotional activity where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Ideally the person will be from an Arts & Crafts and Stationery background.
- Degree, marketing qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working in a marketing / product management role or related experience
- Experience of planning and executing marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Project management skills
- Commercially astute
- Strong influencing skills with evidence of managing key stakeholders effectively
- An enthusiastic and driven team player
- A flexible approach to getting the job done
- A professional manner and able to communicate at all levels
- Proactive self-starter and confident decision maker
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Proficient in relevant software applications
- Highly organised with the ability to manage constantly changing priorities
- A creative eye and the ability to think outside of the box
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://freshrecruits.co.uk/equal-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76155886