Property Acquisition Business Manager
This role within the Property Acquisition Team manages and supports team members in ensuring that the land and rights required for the scheme are acquired and that related costs are paid promptly and appropriately in accordance with legislation, policy and the compensation code, overseeing the work of the property services suppliers and ensuring compliance with governance procedures.
Day to Day:
- Manage and support Team members, providing advice, guidance and oversight of property litigation and other difficult or complex cases; to meet business targets and ensure appropriate resolution of issues.
- Provide advice to project managers on delivery of their schemes and attending progress review meetings.
- Ensure all cases show that value for money solutions are achieved in line with governance procedures.
- Assist the Acquisition Team Leader in prioritising workloads and assist in monthly financial reporting.
- Attend public consultations and provide advice, to support scheme delivery.
- To improve business performance and identify and implement best practice and improved ways of working.
- Responsible for training and development of self and team, to support the achievement of business objectives and standards through the development of capability.
- Proven work experience or equivalent vocational training.
- Proven understanding of the procedures, policies and guidelines relevant to the job and how these fit with the overall functioning of the department and directorate.
- Proven understanding of the specialised principles and processes governing the work of the department (e.g. Project Management, Resourcing, Finance, Procurement).
- Proven understanding of staff performance and line manager responsibilities.
- Property Foundation Course and relevant property or legal qualification OR the willingness to work towards one with the support of the Company
- Proven ability to use MS Office software products to enable production/maintenance of a range of complex documents and spreadsheets
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76142849