GIS & Database Analyst
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a GIS / Database Analyst to join our Living Places business unit to work in Hereford.
This role will be the point of contact across this £20m contract and as such will be a key support function ensuring the Geographical Information System (GIS) is full of relevant, current information whilst managing the databases
It is anticipated that the interested candidates will have;
- Relevant qualification that will include a module or qualification in GIS and Remote Sensing
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of GIS
- Strong numerical skills
- Interest in data and its implications and uses.
- SQL knowledge is desirable
What you'll be doing
As a GIS & Database Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Production of 2D drawings and maps, using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Converting spatial data across different formats meeting software requirements.
- Improvement and maintaining asset management databases and software such as AMX and Horizons.
- Geographic analysis & data visualisation / Interpreting & communicating technical data to client.
- Database management and interrogation.
Who we're looking for
- Be technically competent with a demonstrable ability to learn new software quickly.
- Be able to demonstrate a technical understanding and analytical skills with reference to geographic data and databases.
- Have excellent attention to detail & self-motivation, with good task management / prioritisation skills.
- Have formal qualifications and experience in a GIS and/or Database systems.
- Have strong Excel capability, including querying and manipulation of data, VLookups, etc.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic ?place shaping? agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the ?road? to deliver the potential of the ?street?: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the ***************** Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959211579