Apprentice Catering and Hospitality
We are currently recruiting for a Catering and Hospitality Apprentice, you will be working towards gaining a Level 2 Catering and Hospitality Qualification.
- To provide support in the preparation, and serving of food and beverages.
- To wash dishes, cutlery, crockery, tumblers and serving trays using a mechanical dishwasher.
- To wash pots, pans and utensils manually.
- To prepare the service area to ensure the efficient and effective service of all meals.
- To clean on a daily basis all areas as defined by the departments cleaning schedule.
- To inform your immediate superior of any maintenance or equipment defects which will contravene health & safety or food safety regulations.
- To set up and deliver any food or beverage services required within the college.
- To ensure all food safety regulations are adhered to and documented in accordance with the Interserve “Food Safety Plan”
- To assist with receiving and checking deliveries upon arrival.
- To assist with the clearing, cleaning and washing up within the kitchen and dining areas.
- To ensure waste is recycled into the respective waste streams to enable a reduction in the college’s carbon footprint in accordance with the college environmental plan.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of meal service within the catering department.
- To attend all training modules or courses in conjunction with the job role.
What we are looking for
- Introductory understanding of the hospitality industry
- working with customers
- business awareness
- first line supervision;
- team leading
- Food hygiene qualifications would be advantageous, although full training will be given.
- A flexible customer orientated team player, with a “can do” approach is essential.
- Experience gained in a catering or other customer related service.
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76164470