Financial Accountant, Leeds
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to make an impact in the UK Accounting team, within the Global Accounting function. The role will be based at our UK head office in Leeds and will report to the Head of UK Accounting. In this role you will be responsible for providing excellent accounting advice to the finance organisation, and the wider business. This role will also provide exposure to colleagues within Global Accounting, Tax & Compliance, and be involved in a number of areas across borders, working in the matrix environment of this global team.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include:
* Preparing UK statutory accounts for all entities (including joint ventures and corporate members)
* Taking responsibility for BFC reporting process for UK entities (exc.CC3000), and supporting the Senior Specialist with the BFC reporting process for CC3000
* Taking responsibility for the finance and administration of Arla Foods Cheese Company Limited, including ensuring compliance with all covenant reporting required
* Providing support and expertise to finance and the wider business to ensure the UK legal entity accounts are prepared in line with IFRS and the Arla Finance Manual
* Being the Chief Accountant for a number of UK entities, ensuring all are compliant with internal and external requirements
* Acting as a key team member in the UK audit process, together with the Senior Specialist, Accounting
* Performing project work as required by the Head of UK Accounting, and the Global Accounting function. This may involve working across borders and legal entities on specific balance sheet areas.
To be successful in this role you will be a fully qualified accountant with either ACA or ACCA. You will have excellent technical accounting experience and will have experience of dealing with IFRS. With excellent communication skills you will be able to translate complex accounting issues to those outside of the finance team. In addition, you will be pro-active and will be comfortable working independently as well as playing a key role in the global team. You will also be able to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines. Strong Excel skills and good working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76166437