Compliance Monitoring Consultant
Due to a recent internal promotion within the Compliance Monitoring team, we are now looking for a new person to join our team as a Compliance Monitoring Consultant. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated, customer focussed, appropriately qualified and experienced individual to help with the delivery of the Annual Compliance Monitoring Plan.
The Compliance Monitoring team are responsible for providing assurance to the senior leadership team, including the Board, that the Skipton Group are adhering to FCA regulatory requirements, particularly the fair treatment of customers. In this role you will be responsible for, alongside other members of the Compliance Monitoring team, performing thematic and customer outcome testing monitoring reviews in line with the Annual Compliance Monitoring Plan. This will involve the planning; fieldwork and reporting for these reviews, whilst working closely with our colleagues in the Society and Group through all stages of the review.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
The role has an impact on the business by influencing decisions through the delivery of recommendations and technical expertise in the following areas:
- Contribute to the delivery of the Annual Compliance Monitoring Plan by producing quality reviews within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Manage and prioritise own workload, and support other Compliance Consultants (CCs), taking into account the team’s SLAs and own Key Business Priorities (KBPs);
- Have the ability to perform more complex reviews;
- The provision of advice and guidance to the Society and its subsidiaries on actions required to achieve compliance with prevailing regulatory requirements and Codes of Practice as part of recommendations in Monitoring reports;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of strong working relationships with key contacts in Society and Group;
- Reporting to management on levels of compliance assurance or issues arising through specific monitoring activity;
- Responsible for sharing your expertise in relation to Compliance within the team by providing support, guidance and training where appropriate;
- Work closely with the Compliance Monitoring Manager/ Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager to continually improve processes and systems for Compliance reviews, with an emphasis upon business service levels, productivity, efficiency optimisation, customer service focus and the long-term benefits for the Society and its subsidiaries;
- Responsible for personally keeping up to date in respect to all relevant sections of the FCA Handbook including the key aspects of BCOBS, COBS, ICOBS, MCOB including sales process, key elements of SYSC/FIT/APER, Training and Competence.
You will have relevant qualifications and experience across product and service areas, with technical knowledge across FCA handbook areas (for example MCOB, BCOBS, COBS & ICOBS). You will have as minimum the Diploma in Financial Planning and ideally CeMaP or the MAQ. You will have good experience of utilising your skills and experience to identify potential areas of poor customer outcomes and making appropriate recommendations to drive change and improve outcomes and have experience of working in a Compliance/QA or Audit role; ideally performing monitoring reviews.You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work to SLAs/Key Business Priorities and manage your own workload. About the company
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76155675