JUNIOR FRONT-END DESIGNER
JUNIOR FRONT-END DESIGNER
We’re an expert publishing arts business based in the heart of Soho, London. We work with leading artists and estates across publishing, art reproductions, photography, website development, events and art research, producing a variety of print and online materials.
THE JUNIOR FRONT-END DESIGNER ROLE:
Due to our client's rapid growth in recent years, we are looking for a Junior Front End Designer to join our design and development team who will report to the Design Manager. We are looking for a graduate candidate brimming with ideas, enthusiasm and ability to inspire and contribute for projects development.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and methodical designer with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work on a wide range of projects. They will have the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, often with little notice. Therefore, excellent organisational and time management skills are essential. Due to the small team and the variety of projects, the successful applicant should also be strong team player who is happy to support other colleagues and the Design Manager.
JUNIOR FRONT-END DESIGNER KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Developing, updating and prototyping responsive designs for websites, web applications and web components such as animated landing pages and interactive products for media, publishing, e-commerce and arts.
- Supporting the editorial teams and their websites throughout creating and editing content.
- Scanning and retouching images.
- Preparing images for online media.
- Editing and encoding audio and video material for online media.
- Participate in creative brainstorms whilst leading on best approaches for final ideas considering design, brand, UX, and performance.
- Support the Design and Development team, creating backup files and managing projects data.
- Developing projects documentation such as presentations, style guides and user manuals for clients.
JUNIOR FRONT-END DESIGNER KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- A degree in web design.
- Strong knowledge and technical expertise in user experience design, graphics and motion graphics.
- Strong knowledge of web standards including HTML, CSS and JS frameworks.
- Excellent knowledge and usage of the latest Adobe CC Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of typography, including international typography (French, German, Italian, Spanish).
- Knowledge of wire-framing and UI prototyping.
- Significant experience and knowledge of best practices in responsive design for the web.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience of outstanding user-centered design solutions.
THE FOLLOWING WOULD ALSO BE ADVANTAGEOUS:
- Knowledge of other Adobe CS/CC products such as Illustrator and Acrobat Pro/DC.
- Knowledge of scripting/coding.
- Knowledge of SEO.
If you would like to be considered for this JUNIOR FRONT-END DESIGNER role then please click ‘APPLY’ below.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants individually.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76132412