Security Systems Engineer
Role: Security Systems Engineer
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary + Company Car + Mobile + Pension + Fuel Card (includes personal mileage) + Company Benefits +Over time available
Our client has an opportunity for a Security Systems Engineer. A well-established company with excellent growth due to a “best in class” service, they are very much a well-respected provider of security systems and security management and are assessed to the National Security Inspectorate NACOSS Gold standard for the design, installation and maintenance of electronic security systems.
The role offers a great working environment with great working hours, a really competitive salary and good company benefits where you will work as part of a well cultured team that offers opportunity, training and progression in the work place. You will report directly into a manager who has been with the business for over ten years (something that is not unusual within this business and should give an indication of the longevity they are able to offer to prospective employees).
The client has the capability to train / re-train individuals who have a solid understanding and experience within a security systems Commissioning Engineer role who may be looking to enhance their knowledge and experience. In addition to this they are offering an excellent remuneration package to individuals with a high standard of experience.
Applicants must have a proven security systems Installation / Fire Alarm System / Commissioning Engineer background.
- Installing / Upgrading systems on various projects
- Meet with clients and ensure a first class service delivery when on-site
- Carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of, Fire Alarms Fire Extinguishers Intruder Alarms, Access Control, CCTV and associated equipment and products to relevant legislative and Company’s qualitative standards.
- Working on Fire alarm systems
- Work to deadlines on specific project scheduling and co-ordinating work to tight deadlines
- ensuring that equipment works to its specification
- creating and carrying out test procedures
- investigating problems, diagnosing/repairing faults
- Will actively attend and participate in any company initiated training and maintain an up to date knowledge of technical aspects of role.
- liaising with the team including installation/project engineers
- supervising engineering and technical staff
- writing reports and documentation
- providing technical support
- ensuring safe working conditions
- training maintenance and operative staff where appropriate
- Experience with Lenel / Tyco / C-Cure products is highly advantageous
You will install /upgrade systems and ensure that the install is done on time and to specification. You will work with CCTV, Access Control, Alarm / Intruder / Fully Integrated Security Systems in respect of install / upgrade projects
- Resolve all engineering problems which will eliminate unplanned downtime.
- To support the business Service strategy and to deliver the required customer service and financial performance
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of PPM, Reactive calls and additional Small Works assigned to them
- Work to industry standards whilst on client site and ensure a good representation of the business to the client, deal with client requests, work with the client should they need inclusion in any part of the process and communicate back to the business any client requests and any technical issues
- Communicate with internal departments such as procurement, operations and sales to ensure all work is carried out as effectively as possible
- To ensure all work you do complies with Group and site Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulations for security systems.
- Analyse the results and implement corrective action to continuously improve the working environment.
- Be the competent person for installs and upgrades (you will have assistance for large projects and will have a line manager to discuss any technical issues or project changes)
- To ensure that all equipment fitted is fit for purpose in compliance with Group standards and working practices.
- You will hold a Recognised Engineering qualification or be a time served apprentice.
- Proven experience in a similar role carrying out PPM, reactive calls and Small Works in the Fire & Security Systems industry
- Service test and inspection experience to the relevant standards/codes of practice
- Proven knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering principles along with a strong understanding of Steam operations.
- Strong team working skills.
- Sound understanding of fault finding techniques
- Assertiveness – ability to ensure that others meet agreed deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines
- Full UK driving license
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and interview to:
Experience may include: commissioning engineer / install engineer / installation engineer / cctv / access control / Fire / Service system / security systems / integrated systems / alarm / intruder / tyco / Lenel / Paxton / c-cure / c cure / security engineer / security systems engineer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76163295