Software Design and Development Engineer, C++
Software Design and Development Engineer, C++, DDS, Linux, Permanent, Bristol
Software Design and Development Engineer required for a number of Permanent vacancies to be based from my clients offices in Bristol - Filton. You will be developing Command & Control application software for the next generation of Ground Based Air Defence Systems. This is a hands-on role and requires the continued design and development of the Command and Control Product Line architecture and the instantiations for future products. You will be developing software in Rhapsody, DDS, and targeting both C++ and C languages.
Skills and Experience required:
- Ideally you will have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with significant experience in the development of software for COTS hardware. It would be desirable, but not essential for your experience to have been gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to inspire others and maintain momentum during development. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products and sites, so strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others, as part of a team, are essential.
- You will have extensive experience in model-based development, using UML and tools such as IBM Rhapsody.
- You will have a background in software engineering with good knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of recognised industry development standards and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C would be desirable.
- You will have significant previous experience with C++. It would be desirable for you to have knowledge of DDS middleware and Linux based Operating Systems
If you have the necessary skills and experience to be an asset to my client, please send forward a copy of your up to date CV to Rebecca Perks at Outsource UK
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76150274