ESM Mission Data Developer
ESM Mission Data Developer - EW, ESM, DASS.
An ESM Mission Data Developer with EW, ESM or DASS is required to work on permanent basis for our Defence client based in Lincolnshire
Our client is a market leader in the development of Electronic Warfare (EW) sensor systems and the provision of EW Operational Support (EWOS) capabilities. They are required to support the development and operation of a national EW Centre (EWC), in which an indigenous EWOS capability shall be established, inclusive of the ability to generate platform-specific Mission Data Sets (MDS).
Overview of the ESM Mission Data Developer role
We are seeking a candidate who is experienced with MDS design, development, and programming, with particular focus on Electronic Support Measures (ESM) aspects - i.e. the detection, classification, and identification of RF signals. The successful candidate will ideally have MDS experience in relation to (DASS) fitted to a military Aircraft platform. The role will focus on the successful candidate using their MDS expertise to support our customer acquiring the skills to independently design and build their own indigenous MDS - this will include design support so as to ensure that all component MDS elements operate effectively together.
Working alongside an established engineering community, you will be responsible for:
- Generating processes and procedures for MDS design, development and programming
- Supporting the creation of formal training courses for all aspects for MDS generation
- Delivery of (or at least support to) classroom training for MDS programmers within the EWC
- Providing informal on-the-job training to MDS programmers within the EWC
- Assist with the set-up, operation and maintenance of the EWC
- Delivering to, and reporting on, agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule
- Working closely with all stakeholders, including the internal IPT and external customers
You will have knowledge and experience in several of the following areas:
Key skills required for the ESM Mission Data Developer
- Recent experience of operational MDS design, development, and programming (ideally for the Typhoon Platform)
- Understanding of EWOS and the EWOS lifecycle
- Knowledge of the tools, data and/or processes used by end-users, such as the teams at the Joint EW Operational Support Centre (JEWOSC) at RAF Waddington
- Understanding of ESM system technology, operation, function and performance
- Experience of delivering classroom training (preferred, but not essential)
- Ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation for designs, reports and presentations and tailor communication method to be appropriate for the given audience
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a range of technical and operational topics
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to problem solving and ability to drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Able to work with minimum direction/supervision on complex tasks
- Confidence and ability to challenge/respond to technical/process issues.
- Willing to obtain SC-level security clearance. In addition, some roles may require clearance to access caveated information, such as Eyes Only and ITAR
If you are looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on or phone 0161 694 9200
The role is based in Lincolnshire - commutable from Lincoln, Sleaford, Boston, Skegness, Spilsby and Horncastle.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76146272