R&D Packaging Technologist
R&D Packaging Technologist Required – Kirkby, Liverpool
Our client is the UK’s leading dairy foods company, producing a range of market leading brands including Cathedral City, Country Life and Clover. MH Foods was acquired by our client in July 2011 and since then has grown dramatically with the key focus around their one core brand Frylight.
Due to continuing business requirements, they are now looking for a R&D Packaging Technologist to join the team on a permanent basis.
Working as part of the company Research & Development team, the successful R&D Packaging Technologist will be entitled to:
- A highly competitive salary.
- Access to online employee rewards site, offering hundreds of ways to save money on goods and services.
- 10% bonus potential
- Life insurance and private medical healthcare
- Being a part of a culture that recognises and rewards successes.
- Constant company support through a number of tools including extra training and career development.
- Workplace pension scheme.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting to the R&D Packaging Development Manager BSO, the successful Technologist will support and assist the Packaging R&D team in the delivery, validation and testing of packaging across both Butter, Spreads & Oil and cheese categories to support the Dairy Crest growth and innovation targets. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Idea generation for both short term and long term innovation
- Concept / sample development to show new packaging formats, materials, technologies
- Assisting and conducting packaging trials
- Due diligence requirement completed to required standards at each stage of the R&D process Communication of status of projects to wider team on a regular basis and trial reporting to project teams and management
- Developing standard practices, ways of working and processes across Packaging R&D team
- Maintaining the Packaging Laboratory to ensure it meets company protocols
- Manage the packaging specification database, cutter guide library and pallet plan library
- Approval of artwork and liaison with Graphics dept
- Developing your understanding of the product development business stage gate process and necessary aspects of Food Safety / Food Manufacturing Standards.
- The Packaging Development Laboratory
- Gaining and applying knowledge of Development Due Diligence, packaging specifications, Risk Assessment, packaging development tasks from concept, through trials and implementation to launch, managing due diligence requirements at each stage.
Who are they looking for?
As their ideal R&D Packaging Technologist, you will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Technically qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Valid driving licence
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
- Able to manage several projects to agreed schedules
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally both written and verbally
- Creative, innovative and investigative
- Good team player with the ability to work independently when needed
- Experience in a packaging development environment
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of using software such as Qpulse, CAPE, Oracle
- Knowledge of the packaging industry, suppliers and the properties and application of packaging materials and formats
They are looking for a motivated and knowledgeableR&D Packaging Technologist, if you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this role we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest.
Agencies - Thank you for your interest in working with our client however they have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed.
They do not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to the company unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of the Resourcing Team.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76133336