Our client is a well-established, very successful lettings and property management agency seeking a customer-focused, highly efficient person to work as an Accounts Administrator. The main responsibility is to handle the accounts for their growing Block Management department.
You must be adept at organising your workload and have good computer experience as well as be accurate. Previous accounts experience would be advantageous for this position.
They require someone who combines both a meticulous eye for detail with excellent people skills.
• Accurate numeracy
• Strong PC skills
• Motivation and career focus
• Positive, customer-friendly attitude
• Ability to organise and multi-task
• Accurate administration skills
• Ability to take on a more senior role in the company as we continue to expand
• Invoicing for service charges and ground rents as required
• Checking and monitoring service charge and ground rent payments. Direct liaison with leaseholders regarding payments
• Managing credit control – chasing arrears and communicating position with the relevant clients
• Ensuring accounts are submitted to the relevant accountant for each block in an accurate and timely manner
• Ensuring that accounts are signed by the directors of management companies, and are submitted to Companies House in a timely manner
• Gaining both buildings and directors insurance quotations and also approval from directors for each block and placing the insurance as appropriate
• Responding to solicitors enquiries when properties within a managed block are sold
• Invoicing for their own fees as per the contracts
• Checking and payment of contractors/tradesmen invoices as required
• Responsible for managing the accounts and administration archives for each managed block
• Completing bank reconciliations for each account on a regular basis
• Preparing bank credits as required on receipt of cheques or cash
• Preparing standing order forms for leaseholders as required
• Substantial time and effort will be required when the business wins a new Block Management contract. Careful liaison will be needed with external parties in order to ensure accounts and general administration are put in good order
• Covering task of other accounts staff during their absence
Hours of Work:
• Total of 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary: Negotiable Depending upon Experience
If you think you are the exceptional person our client is looking for then please apply online for the Accounts Administrator role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76159839