Principal Engineer - Testing
• Callcredit is the expert in consumer information management and Direct Marketing – both in the UK and internationally
• We bring together cutting-edge technologies and industry expertise to give some of the world’s leading brands better insight into their customers
• Our solutions are trusted by some of the world’s most recognised consumer brands
• Callcredit helps businesses make smarter decisions
Why work for Callcredit?
• Callcredit is growing quickly and we want you to grow with us
• You will be part of a world-class client focussed team working with some of the most recognised global brands
• Our culture is fast-paced, dynamic and innovative
• We’ve got a reputation for delivering market-changing solutions that help businesses make smarter decisions and that protect consumers
What is the role?
Due to continuing expansion, we’re looking for a Principal Test Engineer to join the Data Loading and Staging teams in our Credit business, who are responsible for creating and maintaining the systems which process the core financial and governmental data coming into the organisation.
As a Principal Test Engineer, you’ll be using your enthusiasm and knowledge of testing practices to help us implement and care for these products and services. You'll be working on both existing data loads based on SQL Server (Stored Procedures, SSIS), and helping us to create our new Azure cloud-based data loading platform using microservices, data streaming, NoSQL data stores and other interesting technologies.
You can expect a high level of autonomy - while we have some guiding principles and recommended approaches, as a Principal Test Engineer you’ll be trusted to decide how best to approach things and to come up with appropriate tools and techniques to use on your team. You’ll have oversight of the testing across the three agile Data Loading teams, helping define and maintain the Test Strategies and making sure good practices are followed. Using primarily automated testing techniques, you’ll be helping make sure that we build the right thing, and build it right!
As well as working on a product team, you will be involved in leading the Test Community, working with the other Principal Testers to help improve our methods and share knowledge between the teams.
Aside from the chance to work on some interesting products, we can offer you:
• An MSDN Subscription, for all of your software needs
• Half a day per month of self-directed Learning & Development
• PluralSight membership, with access to thousands of hours of training videos
• Regular Testing Dojos, Tech Talks, and other community events
• A great benefits package including annual bonus & pension
• Commercial experience of testing solutions within an agile development environment
• Experience of test automation techniques
• Demonstrable willingness to learn new technology skills and testing techniques to keep pace with improvements in testing process
• Knowledge of performance testing
• Knowledge of effective test design, planning and scheduling
• Use of agile acceptance test tools (e.g. SpecFlow, Fitnesse, Cucumber)
• Knowledge of programming (e.g. C#)
• Knowledge of Web Service APIs (XML\XSD\WSDL\SOAP)
• Experience with cloud and/or distributed computing
• Experience of working with data
• Experience using source control (e.g. TFS, Git)
• Knowledge of database testing tools (e.g. DBFit, tSQLt)
• Knowledge of SQL
Some other reasons to work for us…
• Callcredit offers a great benefits package that includes:
• A stunning city-centre location
• An on-site restaurant
• 26 days holidays – buy and sell up to 5 annually
• Company bonus scheme
• Company paid healthcare scheme
• Support for local charitable causes through volunteer days
• Great pension arrangements
• Discounted travel cards
• Annual travel insurance
• Bike-2-work schemes
• Employee recruitment referral scheme
• Life Assurance
• Plus much more!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76155393