Junior Fabric Technologist
A rare opportunity to join a successful, well-established trend led jersey supplier, who have some excellent customers across the UK -street. Whilst operating at a fast pace the environment is friendly and supportive and they are currently offering an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the team as a Junior Fabric Technologist.
Junior Fabric Technologist - The Role
You will not be required to do any physical testing in house as this is done by an external testing lab, but you will manage the process from start to finish and inform the team of the results and findings.
- You must consider each fabric for care label requirements and submit fabric for relevant testing for purpose, highlighting any potential issues
- Requesting fabric testing from external testing partners and analysing test results
- Chasing samples, tracking test results, making technical hangers
- Maintaining colour and fabric spread sheets
- Maintaining a database of fabric and component specification
- Managing all of above within a critical path time frame working closely with design, merchandising and production and reporting on progress
Junior Fabric Technologist – The Candidate
- This opportunity ideally seeks a relevant textiles qualification/degree and a desire to build a career in fabric technology, particularly to work in womenswear.
- This opportunity would suit someone with 2+ years’ experience and an excellent understanding of textiles
- Looking for someone with a 'can do' attitude, self-motivated, willingness to learn and take on levels of responsibilities.
- A good awareness of fabric testing requirements & general technical knowledge
- Ability to work as part of a team and to liaise with colleagues in other functions within the business.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and to switch between different tasks as required.
- Problem-solving skills and decision-making ability.
- A highly competent understanding of computer/IT systems and software.
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76127884