Data Architect- Contract
HSBC urgently requires an accomplished Data Architect with a proven track record in defining and leading data architecture and data strategies to join a specialist data project team as part of a business critical programme within the Retail Banking arm of HSBC.
As an accomplished Data Architect you will demonstrate a proven track record in leading and driving data architecture at an enterprise level whilst defining and implementing data strategies that underpin the success of a product offering to be adopted across multiple territories globally.
Working as part of a highly skilled data project team you will lead in the Development of a robust data model that meets requirements whilst supporting the data architectural design principles and designs of broader IT organisation. Working closely with our 3rd party vendors, management consultants and internal data teams based both in the UK and abroad therefore, excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills are essential.
The accomplished Data Architect will demonstrate a wealth of experience in providing subject matter expertise of Data Models and Architecture as well proven experience working with big data and cloud technologies including Hadoop and at least one of AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Worked in a data development environment and some knowledge of tooling or methods that can be used to Design parts of a Data Solution.
- Previous technical background in Database Development and/or Data Warehouse Analysis/Business Intelligence roles with some programming, data design or business architecture experience
- Previous experience in working within a Cloud/Big Data Environment (Hadoop) with either AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong leadership and stakeholder engagement skills providing architecture guidance to other staff on the project
- Hands on experience of data modelling and data design
- Demonstrates experience of working in a complex, multi supplier environment
- Demonstrates the ability to translate solutions in to business terms
- Strong understanding of data architecture principles and techniques
- Proven ability to undertake business analysis of problems and provide the business with high level designs and proposals
- Experience in the use of data models to achieve business outcomes
Please note demonstrable experience within a Data or Solutions architecture role within the Banking sector is essential for this assignment, Retail Banking project experience is advantageous but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76157621