Fantastic new permanent position for a Crew Planner based in Didsbury, Manchester, working for one of the UK's most exciting airlines!!!
About the Crew Planner Role
As the Crew Planner, you will support the production of a safe and efficient crew roster / training plan to PreOps in line with the financial, commercial & operational strategy whilst conforming to departmental procedures, regulatory requirements and the crew variable budget.
The Crew Planner will need to control all elements of their roster production to ensure a robust and flexible roster is handed over to the PreOps Dept. Responsible for roster delivery within the Crew Variable Budget and ensure adequate metrics and measures are in place to provide Management Information. There will be a requirement to work as part of a small team, to multi task in a time-critical environment, and to challenge existing processes to increase efficiencies.
- Responsible for the planning and production of efficient pilot and cabin crew rosters as required by the Crew Operations Planning Manager meeting the regulatory requirements of EASA ORO.FTL and company union agreements to a specific deadline
- Optimise crew efficiency and minimise cost within the boundaries of the company Fatigue Management System
- To plan and manage the annual leave requirements, days off and duty bids for all crew ensuring the agreed quota's set by the Crew Operations Planning Manager are adhered to
- Work with the Crew Planning Executive and Training Coordinator to ensure that all mandatory crew training and checks within the roster are planned and met prior to hand over to the PreOps Department
- To pro-actively identify and feedback recommendations for change that may influence and enhance the robust and cost effective deployment of crew within the current operation
- To produce roster metrics and reports to the wider business and crew unions
- Support the Crew Planning Executive as required
- Proven experience in an airline Crewing/Crew Scheduling environment
- Minimum of grade C G.C.S.E. in Maths and English or equivalent
- Knowledge of EASA ORO.FTL
- Computer literate and experience in using Crew Scheduling software
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Awareness of crew fatigue and Circadian Rhythm factors
- Basic knowledge of flight & cabin crew training requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to plan & prioritise workloads
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision and good attention to detail
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations. To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on 01223 373333 or visit our website www.aeropeople.com
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75733306