Conveyancing Legal Secretary
An established and growing law firm are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to provide a full administrative and secretarial service to 2 Fee Earners within the Conveyancing Department.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Complete land registry/SDLT, searches and exchanges of contract on behalf of the Residential Conveyancing fee earners.
- Audio typing of correspondence, documents and forms.
- Receive clients who call at the office, dealing personally where possible and where legal advice is not required, and where not possible taking messages, receiving documents and making appointments, as appropriate.
- Handling of and dealing with clients’ calls and liaising with fee earners where appropriate.
- Undertake document preparation, typing, administration and secretarial work.
- Maintaining an efficient filing system for client matters including, opening new files, filing documents and archiving.
- Photocopying plans, documents, forms and correspondence.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary within Conveyancing.
- Excellent keyboard skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Dynamic in approach and uses initiative when dealing with clients or potential clients.
- A positive approach to customer service and excellent communication skills.
- Strong audio typing skills.
Salary £17,000 -£19,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76111248