IT Infrastructure Manager / Director Level - Bangkok Based
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED IN BANGKOK, THAILAND - Full relocation and visa sponsorship provided.
Working for a global ecommerce house, this role carries operational and budgetary responsibility for a significant portion of our client's infrastructure platform. The role requires both technical and leadership skills, coupled with agility and drive to innovate.
You will have significant experience designing and managing complex, large-scale IT infrastructure, ideally in the context of an online services provider or e-commerce company. Of particular relevance will be practical experience with performance optimisation/troubleshooting, data delivery platforms, private cloud deployments, automation and large-scale system management.
As our client's operates at the forefront of the technology, you will need to be able to devise solutions to new, 'first of a kind' problems or requirements.
You will need to be able to operate in a flexible, fast-moving, technology-oriented and multi-cultural environment.
Key role requirements
- At least 10 years of in-depth experience with e-commerce infrastructure at large scale - thousands of servers, multiple data centres, complex networks and private cloud environments.
- Experience with implementation and operation of container-based CI systems, automated deployment tools, etc.
- Significant 'internet' background. Performance optimisation, content delivery, resiliency, DDOS management, security & data privacy considerations, etc.
- Problem & incident management expertise. Able to coordinate the activities of a diverse group of engineers, driving discovery, troubleshooting and resolution steps.
- Experience with people management (coaching, performance evaluation, career planning, project prioritisation, escalation support during incidents, etc.)
- Detail oriented, process driven, innovative mindset and a deeply ingrained sense of ownership for the services delivered
- Capable of interacting at all levels of the organisation, becoming a point of reference for other departments
- Role open to local and international candidates - full relocation and visa sponsorship available.
Candidate should have a Bachelor degree in a STEM discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76070461